Graduated from the Kiev Polytechnic Institute in 1930, but since 1928 worked as a laboratory assistant at the Chemical Laboratory of the Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR and continued all the time at the Institute of Chemistry. Went from a researcher to the head of Department of the electrode processes. Defended PhD thesis before the war (in 1940) on the topic "Formation of alloys in galvanic elements". Aslo part time was involved in teaching at Kyiv University and KPI.
Published as a co-author of 180 scientific papers. Awarded the Order of Lenin (1954) and many medals. Worked at the Institute until 1987.